Morocco: Foreign bank assets

* indicates monthly or quarterly data series
 Morocco

Foreign bank assets as percent of the total bank assets

 Latest value 19.00
 Year 2013
 Measure percent of total bank assets
 Data availability 2007 - 2013
 Average 17.86
 Min - Max 16.00 - 19.00
 Source Global Financial Development Database
For that indicator, we provide data for Morocco from 2007 to 2013. The average value for Morocco during that period was 17.86 percent of total bank assets with a minimum of 16 percent of total bank assets in 2009 and a maximum of 19 percent of total bank assets in 2007. The latest value from 2013 is 19 percent of total bank assets. For comparison, the world average in 2013 based on 108 countries is 37.99 percent of total bank assets. See the global rankings for that indicator or use the country comparator to compare trends over time.
Select indicator
* indicates monthly or quarterly data series


Recent values chart
Morocco - Foreign bank assets - Recent values chart




Definition: Percentage of the total banking assets that are held by foreign banks. A foreign bank is a bank where 50 percent or more of its shares are owned by foreigners.


 Related indicators Latest value Reference Measure
 ATMs per 100,000 adults 28.92 2021 ATMs per 100,000 adults
 Bank branches per 100,000 people 22.15 2021 bank branches
 Firms using credit to finance investment 43.90 2019 percent
 Small firms with bank credit 18.60 2019 percent
 Percent people with credit cards 1.05 2021 percent
 Percent people with debit cards 31.72 2021 percent
 Domestic credit to the private sector 96.28 2020 percent
 Bank credit to the private sector 64.12 2022 percent
 Liquid liabilities, percent of GDP 124.70 2021 percent
 Bank assets to GDP 97.32 2021 percent
 Financial system deposits, percent of GDP 95.03 2021 percent
 Bank credit to government 32.16 2020 percent
 Banking system concentration 66.54 2021 percent
 Foreign bank assets 19.00 2013 percent of total bank assets
 Percent people with bank accounts 42.24 2021 percent
This site uses cookies.
Learn more here


OK