Denmark: Foreign bank assets

* indicates monthly or quarterly data series
 Denmark

Foreign bank assets as percent of the total bank assets

 Latest value 18.00
 Year 2013
 Measure percent of total bank assets
 Data availability 2005 - 2013
 Average 18.67
 Min - Max 17.00 - 20.00
 Source Global Financial Development Database
For that indicator, we provide data for Denmark from 2005 to 2013. The average value for Denmark during that period was 18.67 percent of total bank assets with a minimum of 17 percent of total bank assets in 2012 and a maximum of 20 percent of total bank assets in 2005. The latest value from 2013 is 18 percent of total bank assets. For comparison, the world average in 2013 based on 108 countries is 37.99 percent of total bank assets. See the global rankings for that indicator or use the country comparator to compare trends over time.
Select indicator
* indicates monthly or quarterly data series


Recent values chart
Denmark - Foreign bank assets - Recent values chart

Historical chart
Denmark - Foreign bank assets - historical chart - 2005-2013




Definition: Percentage of the total banking assets that are held by foreign banks. A foreign bank is a bank where 50 percent or more of its shares are owned by foreigners.

Selected articles from our guide:

What factors determine the exchange rates

International lending and sovereign debt

Are trade deficits bad for the economy?

The unholy trinity of international finance

Most commonly used measures of corruption

All articles



 Related indicators Latest value Reference Measure
 ATMs per 100,000 adults 41.03 2021 ATMs per 100,000 adults
 Bank branches per 100,000 people 18.66 2020 bank branches
 Firms using credit to finance investment 22.20 2020 percent
 Small firms with bank credit 33.70 2020 percent
 Percent people with credit cards 58.50 2021 percent
 Percent people with debit cards 99.02 2021 percent
 Domestic credit to the private sector 163.33 2020 percent
 Bank credit to the private sector 143.37 2022 percent
 Liquid liabilities, percent of GDP 62.80 2021 percent
 Bank assets to GDP 169.88 2021 percent
 Financial system deposits, percent of GDP 60.03 2021 percent
 Bank credit to government 11.50 2020 percent
 Banking system concentration 81.78 2021 percent
 Foreign bank assets 18.00 2013 percent of total bank assets
 Percent people with bank accounts 100.00 2021 percent
This site uses cookies.
Learn more here


OK